Hanukkah Recipe: Oven-Fried Zucchini Sticks
These tasty veggies are perfect for dipping and offer a healthy take on the tradition of eating fried food during Hanukkah.
- 4 zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup French fried onions, crushed
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut each zucchini in half. Cut each half lengthwise into sticks.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in one bowl. In a second bowl, whisk eggs. In a third bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and crispy onions.
- Bread the zucchini by dipping each spear in flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Lay each spear flat on the sheet. Spray a light layer of cooking spray over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup, dressing, or dip. Make a “flame” by dipping!
Find Hanukkah crafts, activities, recipes, and more on the PJ Our Way Hanukkah Hub.