How to Use Your Microgreens Grow Kit
PJ Library is sending families a special gift this December: a microgreens grow kit! Learn how to use it here.
Ready to sprout your microgreens? Within 7-10 days your family can grow its own “miniforest” of arugula, which you can enjoy eating in a salad.Watch the miracle of growth — and betei’avon (Hebrew for “bon appétit”)!
To get started, follow the simple steps below:
- Pour water into a plate, shallow pan, or plastic container.
- Place your grow mat inside so it absorbs the water.
- Tilt the plate or pan (gently!) to pour out excess water.
- Open your seed packet and evenly spread your seeds over the saturated mat.
- Place your pan and grow mat in a nice warm spot. (Near a sunny window is great!)
- Water your seeds daily over the next 7-10 days.
- Harvest your microgreens and add them to a delicious salad or as a sandwich topping.
- Eat and enjoy!